Assembly Terms and Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions you will be asked to sign and agree to on the day of your assembly service. If you have any questions regarding any of the assembly agreement, please feel free to contact us or ask your assembler when they arrive.
1. The customer acknowledges that The Assembly Guys is providing a service to you as a customer independent of the retailer from whom you may have purchased the item(s) to be assembled. Customer understands that elements beyond our control may delay anticipated completion of project (i.e. – Shipping delays, defective equipment, weather, Acts of God, etc.) Customer understands that work performed may require alterations to existing infrastructure. These alterations include, but are not limited to drilling, cutting and mounting to existing structures and infrastructure.
2. These Terms of Business together with any quotation and/or this assembly agreement will constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the services (the “agreement”). The customer acknowledges that all representations, statements, understandings and undertakings either written or oral made before the date of this agreement will be superseded and replaced by the terms of this agreement.
3. The Assembly Guys obligations are owed only to you as the customer (and not to any third party connected with you) and only by The Assembly Guys and not by our officers, employees or contractors.
4. Neither party shall, without the prior written approval of the other and except on such reasonable terms as are determined in writing by the other, assign the contract or any payment or any other right, benefit or interest there under.
5. All units, items and accessories will be assembled to the specification of the manufacturer’s instructions. No variations from the instructions may be made by The Assembly Guys at any time during the assembly.
6. All items will be visually inspected by The Assembly Guys for signs of damage that occurred prior to the start of assembly service.
7. Customer agrees to pay the standard assembly service rate of $70.00 per hour of work which includes up to two assemblers assigned to the job. Additional assemblers will be paid the rate of $30.00 per hour, with a one hour minimum charge on all jobs. Hourly charges begin when work begins and end when the entire project and all items listed are completely assembled and or installed. Estimated assembly completion times are only an estimate and actual work time may be longer or shorter than listed on your assembly agreement.
8. The Assembly Guys will leave the work area in the same state as when we arrived. Product packaging removal from the property is the responsibility of the customer.
9. Cancellations must be received at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled assembly date. If the assemblers or installers arrive at the premises without prior notice of cancellation customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee of $50.00. If crew arrives at your location and no one is available, we will wait a total of 15 minutes. If no one has arrived by that time, notice of our arrival will be left at the door and you must reschedule your appointment for a later date/time.
10. If anyone began assembly of any of the items, either correctly or incorrectly prior to our arrival, additional service hours may be accumulated for disassembly and/or inspection of the items by us. Any additional work requested by the customer will be paid for at the standard hourly rate.
11. Do not assist with unpacking boxes as we inspect individual items for damage or missing parts during this process. All products to be assembled must remain in their original packaging and located in the room(s) where the product is to be assembled and/or installed. In the event the boxes are located in a different location other than the final location for assembly, there is a moving fee of $1.00 per foot per item(s) to be moved, plus an additional fee of $10.00 for each flight of stairs the item(s) must be moved up or down.
12. All of our assembly work is performed on the customer’s floor. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure a clean and appropriate physical work space is readily available for our assemblers. Tall bookcases and wardrobes are typically assembled laying face-down and require extra floor space. If in any doubt, please discuss your situation with us prior to our arrival.
13. Our assembly rates do not include labor costs of moving new or existing furniture/items, whether it be to create a clear floor work space, relocate to another room, place in storage or discard. Such requests should be pre-discussed and pre-arranged with The Assembly Guys whom assumes no liability whatsoever for rectifying any property damage which may result from performing such assistance. Labor expenses for moving any furniture shall be billed as part of the assembly time at the same hourly rate.
14. You agree and release The Assembly Guys of any liability whatsoever for any personal injury or property damage which may result from performing your assembly project.
15. In event we arrive at your premises to commence works and identify handling or transport damage or missing parts which prevents us from completing the assembly , we will notify you of the damaged or missing item(s).
It is the responsibility of the customer to contact the necessary sources to correct the situation and get the replacement part(s). Customer must call to reschedule the assembly after replacement pieces are in your possession. The Customer should direct any financial matters regarding damaged or missing parts to the retailer where the goods were originally purchased.
16. Some furniture items have a CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) personal safety requirement that the item be firmly secured to a wall. The Assembly Guys hereby indemnifies itself from any legal prosecution whatsoever in the event the customer makes such a request to not secure any items that require wall attachment of the furniture as per manufacturer’s instruction.
By initialing this paragraph, I release The Assembly Guys from any liability that may occur from not following the manufacturers installation instructions for securing items to walls.
16-B With play set assembly, customer agrees to provide a level installaton area that is level within 1” over a ten foot area and 2” over a twenty foot area. Ensure a clearance area around play set of at least 6’ in all directons (play set + 6’ in all directons), Ensure no buried utilites, wires, pipes, etc. will interfere with installaton. Ensure you are not planning to positon the set over top of any sprinkler equipment. Ensure no overhead obstacles within 6’ of the top of the play set (powerlines, roofs, trees, etc.). Ensure all toys, furniture, and any other debris is removed from the area prior to arrival of our installaton crew. An adult customer must be at job site during the entire assembly If an adult customer representatve is not present upon arrival of the team, a $100 re-schedule fee will be charged. Please arrange for pets and children to be in a separate area during the entire installation process. Installation of play surface products (i.e.: sand, mulch, etc.) should be only be done AFTER assembly is completed. Assembly may need to be rescheduled and a $100 re-schedule fee may be charged if any of these requirements are not met.
17. Due to safety reasons we MUST wear protective shoes at all times within your premises. On wet rainy days, it is advisable to have an old bath towel/mat made available at your entrance for our staff to wipe their shoes upon before entering your premises. If you are concerned about keeping your carpet clean, please lay down protective sheets or thick rugs before our arrival.
18. TOTAL DUE listed above will be collected at time of completing the assembly service. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, credit or debit card only. You may make your payment online at or in person with the assemblers. Checks are not accepted. In the event of additional charges or any discounts, these will be applied to the TOTAL DUE above at the completion of assembly.
19. You shall no later than 24-hours of completion of the works inspect and immediately give notice to us of any defects in The Assembly Guys scope of assembly and installation works. Failure by you to inspect such works performed by The Assembly Guys in that time period shall be deemed acceptance by you. Any issues, malfunctions or damage relating to the product and not the assembly should be directed to the manufacturer or retailer where the product was purchased. It is the responsibility of the customer to arrange for the replacement of missing, damaged or faulty goods. Our assemblers may be able to assist with by describing any fault that they have identified.
20. The Assembly Guys accepts no liability and customer agrees to release The Assembly Guys, LLC from any and all liability for injury or damage caused due to poor manufacturing of the assembled product(s), or by any modifications or improper use of the product by the customer.
21. Customer agrees to permit The Assembly Guys, LLC to photograph assembly and/or installation both in-progress and post completion for the purposes of quality assurance, evidence and marketing purposes.